Saturday, February 21, 2015

LiveGfree gluten free plain wraps

After some begging from both my husband and mother to pick up these wraps for me from ALDI'S when they go out an about, I finally received them. I couldn't wait to try them out. 

Let me first say, THESE WRAPS ARE HUGE. 
When I took one of these out, the first thing I noticed other then it's massive size was that it is much thinner then your original tortilla. 

I put some lunch meat and cheese on it and then rolled it. 
I found that it rolled up with ease-
 (which is quite nice after all, most gluten free products break when you try to bend or roll it.)

I then put it in a pan and placed it into the oven. 
You really don't have to turn up the heat to high or leave it in there for to long due to the fact that it is thinner, it tends to cook VERY FAST. 

I actually found the edges of my wrap got a bit brown due to me accidentally leaving it in the over for a little to long. 

I was then left with a crispy wrap which was very plain in taste. It didn't really have that aftertaste that you get after eating regular flour tortilla but was similar in texture. 
I noticed that this wrap tends to be a little more flakier but no overly. 

I like how in it's raw form, the taste isn't really overpowering and like I said above, is very plain. 

After doing a little research I found that these wraps contain less carbs then your regular tortilla. 
On the down side, these wraps contain quite a bit more sugar then flour tortillas. 
So even though you are getting less carbs by using these, you are ingesting more sugar. 

^That seems to be the common practice in gluten free products now days. 
The fact that they have to remove or not include wheat,barley, rye or any fillers, they feel the need to add extra sugar to make up for it. Unfortunately, we don't really need that!. 

Overall, I would purchase these wraps again. 

I give this product a 5 out of 5 star rating. 




HAVE YOU TRIED THESE WRAPS BEFORE?
DO YOU LIKE THEM OR DISLIKE THEM?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! 
-PLEASE COMMENT BELOW. 



No comments:

Post a Comment