Saturday, February 21, 2015

Food For Life white rice gluten free bread

My Mom found a great sale on these at a store near her, so she bought them for me to try out.
This bread will do in a pinch but not your best choice. You have to toast this bread at least twice in the toaster to make it crispy and yummy enough to enjoy a simple sandwich. The bread crumbles very easily, so you need to make sure and be careful when trying to divide the slices. If you put this bread in the refrigerator to try and thaw before eating, it will most likely not help in the crumbling factor but will cook a little better in the toaster. The texture of this bread is definitely rice based and there is NO FLEXIBILITY to this bread, meaning that it cannot bend by any means. I have tried an egg salad sandwich, tomato grilled cheese and your regular meat and cheese sandwich out of this bread and all of them fell under my expectation for bread. This bread has a very strong taste and smell and it tends to over take what ever you put in between the slices, making it almost impossible to taste anything you put into or on your bread.
Needless to say, even though there was a good deal on this bread, I don't think it was completely worth it and that is probably why it was on sale. A big Thank you goes out to my Mom for thinking about me and trying her best to supply me with bread but this just didn't come up to the delicious standards I am used to in regular bread.

I give this bread a score of 1 out of 5

P.s. If you do decide to try this bread out, keep in mind that for best results and best taste, you may want to toast the bread in the oven or the toaster before applying anything to it/in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment